This Month's Beauty Favs | April 2015

Tuesday 28 April 2015




Slowly, but surely, my bathroom shelf is being overtaken by The Body Shop products - not that I mind. I feel like their products are really good when you want to ensure that you're putting quality products on your skin without breaking the bank. (Investing in skincare was a hard lesson to learn, but one that I won't be forgetting any time soon).

First on the list is the Aloe Gentle Facial Wash. I know that amongst the beauty community foaming facial wash is viewed by some with the same distrust as using make up wipes, but I like to have a face wash that I can use in the shower, and sometimes gels can be a little on the heavy side for my skin. This turned out to be exactly what I was looking for: it leaves my skin feeling completely cleansed without drying or breaking out my skin. I highly recommend this if you have oily/combination skin and struggle with finding a balance between cleansing and stripping your skin. 

The next product I've been loving from The Body Shop is the Vitamin C Skin Boost. Applied after your moisturiser, this little gem smooths your skin and gives your skin an undeniable glow. This is perfect for giving your skin a boost on non-makeup days or creating a flawless base for your make up routine. I still prefer to add a primer to this when I'm wearing foundation, but I think if you have less oily skin you could get away with just using the Skin Boost under your make up. 

I know I'm late to the party, but I have only just finally gotten into The Body Shop Body Butters. I picked the Body Butter in Passion Fruit on an offer and fell instantly in love with it. The scent is deliciously strong, instantly lifting my mood and lingering for ages. Unfortunately, it's more suited for normal to dry skin which meant that it didn't leave my skin feeling as moisturised as I like it to be. So I was really happy when I got the Shea Body Butter 50ml as a free gift the last time I was in store. Not only is it much more suited to dry skin, as I finally got to understand why this product is so raved about. The only way to describe the scent of this is "soothingly nutty" and I would recommend if you find The Body Shop's fruit scents a tad too sweet. 

My next favourite is a rediscovery. When I was in secondary school, there was a time when it no longer became cool to use Vaseline - it was all about the Carmex. I recently picked up the Carmex Cherry Tube and remembered why it had been such a raved about product. As well as being intensely moisturising, the menthol and camphor provides this tingling, soothing relief for dry, chapped lips as well as providing UVA/UVB sun protection. Vaseline is multi-purpose, but Carmex is just lush on the lips.

Last but not least, is the Barry M Nail Paint in Berry Ice Cream. It's my go-to spring/summer pastel and love it when the sun comes out and I can paint this on my nails brighter, paler shades, without looking like I'm desperate for the sunnier months. It only takes two coats to get a pretty purple colour, dries really fast for a non-quick-drying nail varnish and lasts for a good five days before chipping (for me at least). For a £2.99 nail polish, what more could you ask? 

What have you been loving this month? 

2 comments:

  1. lovely selection! I love the Barry m nail polish. I am guessing you are probably going to buy it again :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I most definitely am - it's a gorgeous shade! x

      Delete