Benefit's They're Real! Push-Up Liner Review

Wednesday 19 November 2014

When I was in London recently, I was lucky enough to be around when the December Issue of Elle magazine came out. As if being able to pick up the 'Feminism issue' wasn't exciting enough, the free gift was Benefit's They're Real! Push-Up Liner in travel size. Since it's apparently the UK's no.1 eyeliner, you can imagine how much it's been raged about on the blogosphere, so there was no way that I was going to leave the UK without both Elle and this little gem in my bag. 

Thankfully Elle provided instructions on how to use this gel liner (and #tutorielle's on their site) even if they claimed that the rubberised AccuFlex™ tip guarantees foolproof use. Reading about it and having the product in hand are two different things and it had me more confused than I should probably admit. It is definitely one of those products that has a learning curve. It took me a few tries before I (sort of!) got the hang of it . 


Overall, I quite like this product. Never has an eyeliner felt so comfortable along my lash line as I was applying it and the staying power of this is perfect for my oil-prone lids. What I like about gel liners is that they give a softer look than liquid liners do, and this one has the slighty smokey look of kohl but with the precision of a liquid liner - the perfect matt black, basically. I'm not entire sure if I'm won over by the tip though - I prefer to have eyeliners that I know that I can apply in the morning rush, and this one still requires quite a bit of concentration from me to get a decent look. I wonder if the full-size would feel better in my hand as I feel I'm quite awkward with the travel size...

Either way I am so happy that Elle free-gifted us with this beauty, and that I was there to get my hands on it so I could finally see for myself what the hype was about. I wish I loved it more! (Or knew how to use it better so I could love it more). It's a great product, I just don't think it's my product.

Have you tried the eyeliner? What do you think of it? 

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got a Benefit product with ELLE magazine. What a bargain! I really like the Benefit They're Real mascara (even if it is a pain to get off) and this seems great too. I love the shape of the tip too - it looks pretty innovative.

    Lisa xo | otweek.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it either! There was also a free Nails inc. with Glamour I think that I was initially after, but I really wanted this more. Sometimes magazines do some really amazing gifts. I've heard that it's best to use they're real! remover as well, though I don't know if that's true or a marketing ploy...

      Ornella x

      Delete