Liebster Award.

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Thank you Hannah from Hanniemc for nominating me to participate in the Liebster Award! 

The rules are as follows:
-Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
-Answer the questions given by the nominator
-Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them
-Notify all the bloggers you nominate
-Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer

Hannah's questions

If you could play any instrument, what would it be and why? || If I could play any instrument, I would play the piano because it has always seemed like such an elegant, and classic instrument to me, and so versatile. It's a real shame I have no hand-eye coordination when it comes to the piano!

How long did it take you to decide on your blog name? || It took me about two years...? I'd been contemplating about starting a blog for absolutely ages but kept putting it off for a whole host of reasons  including not having a name I liked. My sister actually suggested it, as it's a play on my name Ornella - I had an art teacher who liked to pronounce it that way, and it kind of stuck. 

Would you rather be invisible or be able to fly and why? || Flying of course! I don't currently drive and having to rely on public transport is a pain. I suppose accidentally being shot out of the sky would be a pain too, but being invisible sounds a little...depressing. It's easy to feel invisible in every day life, but being able to fly is something that's much harder to experience. 

Who would you like to play you in the film of your life? || I'd say Lupita Nyong'o - she's absolutely gorgeous and I would be honoured. If she was busy, then it'd have to be Samira Wiley who plays Poussey in Orange Is The New Black. 

Are you a morning or night person? || Definitely a morning person - I'd rather wake up early and sleep early than sleep late and wake up late. Daylight is fairly important to me.

If you were a vegetable, what would you be? || An aubergine. 

If you could change your name, what would you like to be called? || I don't think I would, but maybe Olivia or Genevieve. My grandfather tried to have me named Stella so maybe that. 

If you could only ever say one word again, what would it be? || Smile.

Name one of your best and worst habits. || One of my best habits is setting a timer for tasks and one of my worst habits is being too lazy to put teabags in the bin so I put them in a used cup near the kettle instead and keep piling them up until they start to topple over.

If you had to lose one of your senses, which one would it be? || Argh, this is such a tricky one. I'd go for taste. I can't think of a situation where taste would save my life, since if someone's going to poison me, I'd already have to be eating it in order to detect it. 

Do you know the meaning of your name, or were you named after anyone in particular? || I was named after Ornella Muti, who was the actress in my mum's favourite film 'Oscar' when she was pregnant with me. I also later found out that my name means 'ash tree' or 'fir tree' depending on the origins. 

My questions for the nominees:
  • If you could have a superpower, what would it be? 
  • If you could only wear one colour for the rest of your life what would it be? 
  • You're accidentally locked in a room - who're you locked in with?
  • Tea or coffee? 
  • Are you generally a messy person or a clean person? 
  • What's your favourite season? 
  • If you could pick one fictional character to be real, which one would it be? 
  • What keeps you motivated to blog? 
  • What does your ideal Friday night look like? 
  • What's your favourite breakfast food? 
  • You're on the run, and you can only take three beauty items with you - what are they? 

I nominate:

This award really is a great way of discovering new blogs that you might not have otherwise stumbled across! It reminds me that I really, really need to find a way to keep up with my bloglovin' feed. Do you have any suggestions? 

4 comments:

  1. I really like your answers, so interesting, especially the ones about your name!
    Hannah x
    Hanniemc.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed answering your questions - some of them were so tricky! x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for nominating me! Can't wait to answer your questions x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your answers too :) x

      Delete